Next Event:Events cannot currently be displayed, sorry! Please check back later.
- General Membership meetings are the 3rd Thursday of every month
Welcome to the P&A, UAW Local 1979 Web Site. The purpose of this page is to keep the members of the Wayne State University Professional and Administrative Union informed and connected. Feel free to visit the page and send us an e-mail, or just keep up on the latest Union news.
2017 Fall Education Program
UAW Region 1 is offering six weeks of FREE education workshops beginning Tuesday, October 3, 2017. Participants will have a choice between morning (10 a.m. – 12 p.m.) or evening (5 – 7 p.m.) workshops. Each workshop is for six weeks. Participants must attend five out of six training sessions to receive a Certificate of Completion. The certificates will be handed out the 6th week of class at graduation. There will be no classes scheduled on Halloween (Tuesday, October 31st ).
TUESDAY CLASSES – Morning or Evening: October 3, 10, 17, 24, November 7 and 14
For more information view the link below
We are encouraging all our Union Sisters and Brothers to wear Red shirts to make a positive statement of workers standing together! The red shirt gives everyone a sense of unity and fellowship!
So, if its Wednesday WEAR RED- Lets show solidarity!
Please submit pictures to email@example.com of all Union Sisters and Brothers wearing their red shirts. Pictures will be posted on UAW local 1979 Facebook page!
Ever hear that question?
- Job Security ________________________Article 1,3
- Representation_______________________Article 1
- Grievance Procedure __________________Article 8,13
- Promotional Opportunities______________Article 15, 16
- Job Classifications____________________Article 1, 57
- Relief Periods_______________________Article 33
- Uniform Pay Scale____________________Article 57
- Guaranteed Wage Increases______________Article 1
- Overtime Pay________________________Article 25
- Shift Premiums ______________________Article 25
- Paid Holidays________________________Article 47
- Paid Vacations_______________________Article 49
- Paid AP Days ________________________Article 45
- Jury Duty Pay________________________Article 46
- Bereavement Pay______________________Article 45
- Military Duty Pay______________________Article 40,41
- Paid Holiday Closure____________________Article 48
- Illness Benefits________________________Article 44
- Long Term Disability Benefits______________Article 52
- 37.5 Hour Work Week___________________Article 33
- Severance Pay________________________Article 30
- Prescription Drugs _____________________Article 50
- Family Dental Care_____________________Article 51
- Family Vision Care_____________________Article 50
- Tuition Benefits_______________________Article 55
“The dues increase passed by the International UAW in June 2014 and scheduled for November 1, 2014 was delayed due to technical issues. The increase is one half hour per month so the dues will be 2 and one half hours per month and that deduction will begin with the check of January 28, 2015 and is NOT retroactive.”
P&A Has a new and improved web site!
The new site will feature:
- latest calendar of events
- union news
- “how to” videos
- benefit information
- …and much more.
We even have a new photo gallery! So…please come back and check our uaw1979.org often!